Where possible, add a minimum of 15cm either side of window to allow the maximum amount of light into the room when the curtains are pulled back. Ideally when fitting a pole allow 15cm above the window.
1. Measure the width of the track or pole NOT the window itself.
2. If using a track you must measure from end to end.
- If your track has an overlap you must include these in your measurements.
- If using a pole measure the width of the pole between the end finials.
- If you choose a goblet or tab headed curtain it is advisable to fit your track or pole 30cm beyond the window edge to optimise light
1. To measure your finished curtain drop instructions as follows:
1. (a) Pole – measure from the bottom of the wooden/metal ring to where you require the curtain to finish e.g.
- To the sill (sill length)
- Below the sill – 15cm below or wherever you prefer
- To the floor (full length) – 1 cm above
(b) Track – Measure from the top of the track to where you require the curtain to finish as detailed above.
(c) For eyelet curtains measure from the top of the pole and add 2.5 cm.
(d) For curtains to be ruched on to poles with slotted heading measure from the top of the pole and add 5cm.
(e) For tab top curtains measure from the top of the pole.